Digital Media | Marketing | Content
- Digital Product Manager of Red Bull Amaphiko (Present)
- Founder of Facebook-Video-Magazine “Bärtiger Feminist”
- Product Manager RedBull.com (Relaunch 2015/2016)
- Producer of the biggest Red Bull YouTube Video in 2014 (w/out paid marketing)
- Producer of the biggest Red Bull eSports Video ever (w/out paid marketing)
- Global Channel Manager Red Bull Games and eSports (35+ countries)
- Founder (HalalTrip.com) of a “Top 50 Most Innovative Global Muslim Startup 2015” that got acquired by a Singapore-based travel company
- Project Lead of ORF-Ski Challenge
- M.A. in Media Management | MBA in Marketing & Sales
At the age of 15 Karim started to launch various gaming websites like FM-Site.de which became the leading fanpage of EA’s Football Manager 2002. He then joined Electronic Arts Germany as an intern and data researcher.
Following his Master studies, Karim became project manager and later project head at the biggest Austrian media company (ORF) managing TV-related websites & the 3D-Downhill-Game Ski Challenge being one of the most successful download games in Europe back then. In 2009 the Austrian magazine The Gap has chosen Karim to be amongst the 100 Austrians with an exceptional future. In 2010 Karim founded the Muslim hotel review site HalalTrip that was featured on various media outlets such as BBC and was voted as “Top 50 Most Innovative Global Muslim Startup 2015”.
He then joined a Swiss-based private equity group to lead marketing activities of acquired startups. Karim covered industries like firefighting, security technology, pharmaceutical and agribusiness. In 2012 he moved to Salzburg to work as Global Channel manager for the Red Bull Media House. Not only producing the most viewed video in 2014, Karim developed two editorial channels from scratch and achieving all relevant KPIs within a couple of months. He then got promoted to lead the product management of RedBull.com driving the overall website product strategy as well as working on various digital products.